DATA & PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION
King & Wilson is legally bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles.
King & Wilson understands that we need to keep certain information about our clients, employees and partners to allow us to monitor, for example health & safety or to meet legal obligations to government bodies.
To comply with the law this information must be collected and used fairly, stored safety and not disclosed to any other person unlawfully. To do this, King & Wilson must comply with the Data Protection Principles which are set out in the Privacy Act 1988.
In summary these state that personal data shall:
• be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met;
• only be obtained for a specified and lawful purpose (primary purpose) and shall not be used or disclosed for another purpose (secondary purpose); unless the individual has consented to the use or disclosure of the information;
• be adequate, relevant and not excessive for the primary purpose;
• be accurate and kept up to date;
• not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose;
• be kept safe from unauthorised access, accidental loss or destruction;
• only be transferred to overseas countries which have equivalent levels of protection for personal data.
Through its management team and processes all King & Wilson employees are responsible for ensuring that:
• any personal data which they hold is kept securely.
• personal information is not disclosed either orally or in writing or accidentally or otherwise to any unauthorised third party.
Employees are made aware that unauthorised disclosure will usually be a disciplinary matter, and may be considered gross misconduct in some cases.
Personal data should be:
• kept in a locked filing cabinet; or
• in a locked drawer; or
• if it is computerised , be password protected; or
• kept only on disk which is itself kept securely.
Notification of Data Held and Processed
All clients, employees, and partners are entitled to:
• know what information King & Wilson holds and processes about them and why;
• know how to gain access to it;
• know how to keep it up to date;
• know what King & Wilson is doing to comply with its obligations under the 1988 Act.
King & Wilson will therefore upon request, provide all clients, employees and partners with a standard form of notification. This will state all the types of data King & Wilson holds and processes about them, and the reasons for which it is processed.
Rights to Access Information
Employees, clients and partners of King & Wilson have the right to access any personal data that is being kept about them either on computer or in certain files. Any individual who wishes to exercise this right should request this in writing to email@example.com
Control of Data
King & Wilson as an APP entity under the Act is ultimately responsible to ensure that:
• all data is processed fairly;
• the data is accurate, and that processes exist to check and amend data as necessary;
• that consent is obtained either generally or expressly;
• that policies and procedures are in place to enable access by those whom the data concerns;
• that data is kept securely and disposed of properly;
• notification requirements are satisfied;
• determinations are made regarding processing of data without consent, in cases of necessity or public interest.
We will communicate this policy and relevant guidance to employees across the company, through our established internal communication channels. We will also communicate this policy to our suppliers, contractors and business partners and wider stakeholders. We are committed to provide relevant training on how to implement this policy.
If you would like to obtain full copy of our Privacy & Data Protection policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org